Saturday, March 18, 2017

Station House Tavern, Lancaster.. Bar food done well




Hello intrepid reader(s). Sorry we have been slacking in posting, but life has a way of flying by. I have been a little overwhelmed lately and not feeling very creative. I am hoping to jump start my brain and my metabolism. I am doing a juice cleanse, so that blog will be in the near future, in the mean time... 

We hit Station House Tavern, (1335 Fruitville Pike) on Sunday February 26th. (Holy crap! We really have been slacking at this blog stuff!)

We all stopped at this place after attempting the throngs of people at 'Lancaster City for the Blues and Jazz Festival'. We couldn't get food with less than an hour+ wait in the city, which made my companions growly. Himself's daughter-in-law is a great person, but a very picky eater, and she gets like.. super HANGRY, I likened her to a seething ball of hungry rage.  We needed a place and fast! Station House Tavern was on our list of restaurants to review, and it had a menu that appealed to us all... and could seat us quickly!

They have a fairly traditional tavern menu they kind of spiced up. A few of the things really stood out to me, like mac and cheese bites made with Gouda. Oh, and what's this?! Oh No! More novelty burgers! Stay tuned beloved readers because we found a place that does novelty well.


I had the mac daddy burger, a burger topped with mac and cheese bites (and American cheese and bacon). Now, I know you are asking if I didn't learn my lesson from the last novelty burger himself and I shared, and the answer is no. This time I was glad! This was a really tasty burger, and I would head back to this restaurant just for these mac and cheese bites and their amazing drinks menu


As for me (himself), I tried a favorite bar food .... fish and chips.  The Station House version involves some.... slightly greasy.... chunks of fried white fish, and a big pile of nicely done coated fries.  Very basic fair, and could use some flavor. 

On the table we also had a big basket of the same fries, a serving of fairly decent wings, and another burger with stuff on it.

It's a bar.  The place serves bar food.  Nothing we had was bad, but nothing was spectacular either.  Typical average bar with lots of TV's playing sportsball, a bunch of tall bar tables, and a dining area with booths. All in all, I've nothing negative to say.  Nothing wildly positive either.  The place got busy, and I guess they earn that, but I honestly can't say I'm drawn to go back soon.


How The Station House Tavern in Lancaster, PA Forks up?
2.85 Forks for flavor.
3 Forks for atmosphere.
3 Forks for location.   
3.25 Forks for your value.
3 Forks for service.
3.02 Forks overall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We hope you find our amateur ramblings entertaining and helpful. We might be a bit .... cranky... sometimes in our reviews, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Please understand, spam comments and comments with links will usually be deleted without explanation. Well... besides THIS explanation... lol.