Saturday, December 4, 2021

Sweet Legacy Gourmet Lititz, PA

We make frequent visits to play Pokemon-Go in Lititz, and one of my favorite places to stop there is Sweet Legacy Gourmet. They are celebrating 5 years in Lititz this year. Owned by a husband and wife team (Matt & Amy), they are third generation candy makers in Lancaster County, PA on Amy's side. 

Walking into the store, one's sense of smell is teased by warm butter, vanilla, sugar, and and other delectable smells. I wish I could bottle this place's fragrance as a perfume. 

They make all their confections in house (except gummies) and have the back open so you can watch them make giant logs of fudge. These they cut up and put in their display case. We have had their brittle, a variety of fudge, the butter caramels, the house made marshmallows and their homemade cookies. My waistline and I wish we could tell you something I have eaten there is not delicious... but.... no. Everything is outstanding. My personal weakness is the marshmallow, with the caramel, dipped in dark chocolate, with sea salt on top. 

The family went crazy for the Caramel Macchiato Fudge and I always try to grab himself one of their dark chocolate dipped shortbread cookies. The smallest of the household's dragons really enjoys their caramel and chocolate dipped apples. 

The butter caramels start on a lightly floral vanilla note and meld into a sweet, buttery rich flavor in your mouth. They are worth every penny of the 1$ they cost and I always throw a few into my purchases at the register, but you can buy them by the box for $22.00. 

In the bakery area they do offer some flour free options as well, and they ship too.

If you are hunting sweet treats, stocking and belly stuffers, or hostess gifts, I do not think you could go wrong with bringing some Sweet Legacy by. I know I wouldn't mind. Seriously, the marshmallows..... *drool*. Himself saw today they have maple bacon brittle and said that his feelings wouldn't be hurt to see that find its way under the tree.

While they are not an inexpensive treat option, the quality of ingredients, richness of flavor, and local ownership make them a place I am happy to patronize often.  They really show you why a specialty candy shop is worth every penny. They are always friendly and willing to make suggestions, if you don't know what to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We hope you find our amateur ramblings entertaining and helpful. We might be a bit .... cranky... sometimes in our reviews, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Please understand, spam comments and comments with links will usually be deleted without explanation. Well... besides THIS explanation... lol.